PROTO PUNK APOTHECARY: The New York Dolls - Live at the Meltdown Festival, London 16th June 2004

Saturday 20 January 2018

The New York Dolls - Live at the Meltdown Festival, London 16th June 2004



Hi Folks, as promised here is the video footage of the Dolls 1st reunion gig ( not the one that was released officially ). At the time I`d only heard that there was one gig. This one was put on as an extra date ( as far as I know ). If I`d have known about it I`d have been there. Also the gigs sold out in no time at all, but a lot of the tickets had been bought by ticket touts, and they were selling them at less than face value on the night, which pissed me off a bit as it was almost devaluing the event. At the time I`d heard a lot of chatter on forums etc that this gig was going to happen. After having watched the movie New York Doll, I`d safely say that I knew about it before poor old Arthur did, which is not very nice really. Anyway, the beat on the street at the time was that Izzy Stradlin had agreed to fill JT`s shoes and when I arrived on the night I was surprised to see Steve Conte up front. I later heard that Izzy had just gone into rehab and that Steve had been drafted in at short notice ( which is a fairly different version than the one DJ gives on the making of someday it will please me ..... dvd). Steve is a really nice guy and did a great job on the night and thereafter. Still, I wondered why they had`nt got Rick Rivets to do it as it would have added a bit more validity to the night, and I`m pretty sure that Rick would have done it too. Still, out of all of it, it was great that that was Arthur's swan song! For that alone, everything was worth it! So, for those of you who haven't seen or seen the actual 1st live reunion of the 2004 line up of the Dolls, here it is! Enjoy!!

ps., this video was put together from two sources ( the audio, and the video source ) and is really great quality! Hats off to whomever put it together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment