PROTO PUNK APOTHECARY: Rick Rivets (founding member of the New York Dolls) R.I.P 19/02/2019

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Rick Rivets (founding member of the New York Dolls) R.I.P 19/02/2019


Image result for rick rivets death

Its with great sadness that I post this!! I've just heard that veteran NY Rocker Rick Rivets has passed away. The afterlife has just gotten a whole lot more NY city all of a sudden. I'd like to think that Arthur, Stuboy Wilder & Rick are jamming out a version of Mental Moron somewhere up there right now! 

To commemorate Ricks life and contribution to Rock N Roll, here is a very rare Corpse Grinders bootleg recorded in CBGB's on the 21st of June 1978 (In full glorious FLAC). 
So lift your glass and crank up the volume on more time for Rick!!

LINK 

And here's a link to a great interview with Rick as well. Enjoy!!:

4 comments:

  1. Great!!! Welcome back. Thank you for EVERYTHING !!! I hope all is well. I hope to meet you this year. You're the coolest dude EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bill!!
    Right back at you!! Thanks for the comment and all the other cool stuff you sent me. You're the man!!
    Much Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alabaster Jones
    Hope that all goes well for you,
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know (and have also met and hung out with, in the 1980s) the guy in the center, whos birth name was John Genzale. But which one is Rick Rivets and then who is the other in this trio pictured above?

    ReplyDelete