PROTO PUNK APOTHECARY: Various Artists - Rock N Roll Nurse ( Tracks covered by The New York Dolls )

Wednesday 21 December 2016

Various Artists - Rock N Roll Nurse ( Tracks covered by The New York Dolls )


This is a really great compilation featuring songs that the dolls covered played by the original artists. The tracks here were covered on the studios albums, demos and also on live unofficial concert bootlegs. I think that I may have the 2nd volume which is the same songs covered by The New York Dolls and if I can find it, I`ll upload it too. The cover on this one is really great. This was a fan made disc I got some years back.

HERE


2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I continue my discovery of your very nice blog and I discover many pearls.
    If somebody likes to have the list of the tracks of this one, here they are :
    1 The Shangri-Las : Give Him A Great Big Kiss
    2 Gary 'U.S.' Bonds : Seven Day Weekend
    3 Chuck Berry : Back In The USA
    4 Archie Bell & The Drells : Showdown (There's Gonna Be A)
    5 The Coasters : Bad Detective
    6 Big Joe Turner : Flip Flop And Fly
    7 Otis Blackwell : Daddy Rollin' Stone
    8 Bo Diddley : Pills
    9 Clarence 'Frogman' Henry : Ain't Got No Home
    10 The Cadets : Stranded In The Jungle
    11 Otis Redding : Don't Mess With Cupid
    12 Eddie Cochran : Somethin' Else
    13 Willie Dixon : I'm Your Hooche Coochie Man
    14 Mississippi John Hurt : Rich Woman Blues
    15 Memphis Minnie : In My Girlish Days
    16 Sonny Boy Williamson : Don't Start Me Talkin'
    17 The Shangri-Las : Out In The Streets
    18 Herman's Hermits : I'm Into Something Good
    19 Big Brother & The Holding Company : Piece Of My Heart
    20 Larry Williams : Dizzy Miss Lizzy
    21 The Ventures : Pipeline
    22 Bessie Smith : Gimme A Pigfoot And A Bottle Of Beer
    Thanks for all the good real rock'n'roll music.
    Jean-Jacques, Marseilles, France

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean,
      Great work!! Much appreciated. I compiled this one some years ago and was part of a two disc set that I made. this one was the original versions of these tracks but I have also got a discs that has the NY Dolls versions in the same running order. I`ll post it when I can find it amongst the many boxes of discs I have yet to sort through. Thanks again!!
      Alabaster

      Delete